Monday, August 20, 2012

Whats your RECOVERY day look like

I was at the gym over the weekend performing a total body recovery workout. I prefer hitting the entire body when recovering from the previous week due to equal emphasis on all major muscle groups. While exercising a couple came up and told me that I was in really good shape and my exercises looked difficult. I thanked them and said that they too were fit. Then I went on to tell them about my recovery workout and why I was hitting the entire body. They laughed when I mentioned it was a recovery workout. So I gave details on how hitting the entire body at low resistance and low percentage weights stretches out my muscles and allows them to...recuperate at a faster rate. They are not INJURED so I don't need to ice or rest them all day. The couple then asked if I could help them out and train them...Not bad for a recovery day :)

Recovery Routine
  • Dumbbell step up shoulder press 3x15 @30%Max
  • REST 1min
  • Plate Swings 2x30 @30%Max
  • REST 1min
  • Get ups (initiate while laying on back holding a 10lb weight overhead. Complete the exercise by standing up without dropping the weight overhead). 5x5 w/10lbs
  • REST 1min
  • Band deep squat shoulder press 2x12 @30%Max
  • REST 1min
  • Jog 15min @40%Max
  • REST 1min
  • Row 15min @40%Max 
  • REST 1min
  • Step ups no weight 5x20 w/1min rest after each set

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts