Monday, August 20, 2012

Eating for RESULTS

What should I eat?
Can I eat this or that?
Why can't I eat cookies?
Can I eat after 7 or 8pm?
How many meals should I eat each day?

Eating right can be a BITCH!!! It's hard because it's a lifestyle. Having to say no to a delicious hamburger with your favorite condiments VS a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce with some mustard.  I'm not going to tell you to wait 2:32min in between each meal and to use less salt or more water. You know this! So me telling you doesn't really change much. I could tell you that I eat right and my abs feel like rocks... But you probably won't listen to that either.

99% of people think that their is some unrealistic secret to achieving the dream body they want. I'll be the first to tell you: I workout like hell and I eat healthy enough to keep my body looking and feeling right.

There are only a few RULES you must go by in order to eat for results. These are rules that I have lived by for over 6 years and that my clients use as well.

  • Keep it SIMPLE. I have about three dozen foods that I eat. That is it! The more simple your eating habits are the easier it is to drop that weight and carve out those abs. Healthy cook books are great, but who has the time?... By having your "to go to foods" you'll be on top of your game and most importantly you know what these foods do to YOU.
  •  What will this FOOD do to ME??? This should pop into your head every time you eat. Answer it and you'll know if you should eat it or not. 
  • Do NOT eat after 8pm... If you do, due to working late or whatever reason. Make sure that what your eating is: SIMPLE. Make it a protein shake with some fruits, a spoon full of peanut butter, a small salad with vinegar, a 4oz turkey burger plain...
  • Make it a lifestyle. If you are hating what you eat it will not work. If you are on some fancy diet killing your wallet, it will not work. I don't shop organic okay. Not because of the money issue, but due to my nutritional lifestyle. I did not use organic products in past and I don't want to mix things up by using them now. One small mistake can make or break your diet.
  • Cheat days are a MUST. I encourage everyone to have one to two cheat days per week. On these cheat days you are able to simply eat one cookie or go nuts and have a feast of desserts and fatty burgers. ONLY one RULE! During cheat days you must make sure to workout hard and more vigorous then any other days. I make sure to perform to workouts during my cheat days. I usually do a long cardiovascular session in the morning post breakfast and later in the afternoon I do my resistance training with circuit work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts