Sunday, March 30, 2014

Beach Trip


This weekend we (the wife, the daughter and yours truly) took a much needed trip down to the beach house. First and foremost, why is it that I always get stuck with the worst weather when I’m down there? Literally, I get there in for the majority of Friday and Saturday we are stuck in doors due to the excessive amount of rain. Who needs this much rain? Not my plants… On our way back home, the sun decides to make an overdue appearance. An appearance that my family and I can only see from our rear view mirror. I asked my wife to read me the weather forecast for Monday and the rest of the week: sunshine and low 70s. Seriously! We got stuck with rain, low 50s, and a ridiculously strong wind.

Enough of my complaining. Who am I the spring Grinch!... Asides from the nasty weather, we had fun. We engaged in our first marathon at the beach which was really eventful. My wife and I have done a few marathons back at home, and some at the beach before our daughter arrived. But this was the first one we did together. We did a marathon of Redbox movies. Yeah… you know exactly what I’m talking about. Some people do marathons of Netflix (we do at times) but this weekend just felt right for Redbox. Lets’ see the three of us watched: Wolf on Wall Street, Dallas Buyers Club, Frozen, Best Mens Holiday, Thor and Gravity. We really enjoyed them all. Gravity… was kindaaa boring. Sorry to say it for those of you who enjoyed it… but come on… the movie took place in literally one setting.

Parents can understand the importance of dressing your child up regardless if you are going out… or staying in… there is literally something “fun” about dressing them up. Fun and Funny both mixed together in a way that makes you laugh from your insides out! My wife got really excited this weekend about taking our daughter out on her first beach trip… you know… taking pictures out by the sea with her daughter playing in the sand and a FREEZING wind on their backs. I had to put my hand down and say NO. NO honey you are not taking our 6 week old daughter out with this freezing ASS wind to snap a few pictures. I’m sorry! However, please feel free to take pictures of her inside the beach house… as if you were out there…
I'm Ready To Ride Waves!

 
 

So to recap… The weather was not up to par! Yet, the Santos clan seems to always pull through when it counts. Can it be the strong support system or our love for one another? I had an AWESOME time on our first family beach trip! Hands down would not have changed a thing. Even under the most unfriendly weather conditions my family seems to always find laughter, love and memories. I even got a chance to splurge on some seafood. And for those of you who know me… I LOVE seafood it brings back childhood memories… Here’s a Shrimp Po Boy, sweet potato fries and Crab legs! Yes… I ate everything.
Every bite was delicious

 

Until next time your diaper changing Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts