Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Spiderman Instincts

My Spiderman instincts are tingling... What's happening to me? Every noise she makes sounds like an earthquake to my ears. I kid you not, the minute you become a father you literally turn into a superhero (I'm sure mothers become superheros as well, so ladies please do not feel left out). Last night was no different then any other night. The slightest movement or lightest noise that comes out of her mouth causes me to jump out of my bed as if a burglar just entered the house. I'm up, wide eyed awake and jumping like a cheetah towards my daughter... My mind quickly jumps to conclusions...is she hurt... is she in pain... does she need her daddy to help her... No, she just farted. I know right. Farted. Most of the time she farts, burps, or lets out an animal like scream that is followed by a deep yawn. The luxury of being a superhero. Regardless if its a fart or an irrelevant noise, I'm there for her... I'm her superhero!


My wife and I have develop a routine... no wait... we are currently implementing a routine to try and get my daughter into her own bed. Not mine. The minute my daughter came home from the hospital, we tried to put her in her crib but if you've read my previous post then you know that didn't go very well. It actually didn't even happen. The nursery is spotless. On the other hand my bedroom is a mess. A nest filled with my belongings, my wife's and endless amounts of my daughters diapers, clothes, pacifiers, and blankets. What's my life become. I should have waited to invest in the nursery. Less than a week after her arrival she resisted spending time in her nursery so we invested in a second crib for our bedroom. You're probably thinking that she is using that crib... right... NO. She continues to remain nestled in between my wife and I. Those of you thinking about the dangers of sleeping with an infant, trust me I know. I've read the literature and heard my parents lectures. That's why my wife and I have this awesome routine that we are working on. This is how it works: First and foremost we give her a bath to soothe her and calm her down. Warm water works best. Next we put her in diaper and swaddle her in one of her many blankets. After swaddling her my wife breast feeds her and that my friends is the final step. After the feeding my daughter is out like a light. We put her bundled self in the crib that sits next to our bed and like magic... She is sleeping in her own crib and we are happy parents sleeping in our bed. Nice right. Please contact me if you need advice on putting your baby to sleep. I'm your to-go-to person.

Keep reading...

..... A few hours later my little princess decides to wake up and with her big brown eyes she scans the room in curiosity. She thinks to herself... "why am I laying here alone... why I'm I not cuddling with my mom or dad"... And just like that my friends she begins her crying and screaming until one of her dedicated and energy bunny parents picks her up and brings her to bed. As I said earlier we are still working on this routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts