Friday, March 7, 2014

A Series of Events



Last night resulted in a series of interesting events for my wife and I. If you’ve read my previous post http://daddystoolbox.blogspot.com/2014/03/spiderman-instincts.html then you already know some of the super powers I have. Just when I thought things couldn’t get any more bizarre my wife, oh… my beautiful precious wife surprises me around 3 in the morning. As I’m lying across from my wife with our delicate bundle of joy in between us, I couldn’t help but feel proud…proud to be a father and a husband. Life seems to be playing out so perfectly for us. As thoughts of joy and pride run across my mind, my wife abruptly awakes and in suspense blurts out “I’m still feeding her”. Um…“no babe you are asleep and you’ve been asleep for the last four hours”. This is pretty wild right. The crazy thing about this whole situation is that my wife actually felt like she was breastfeeding. She explained to me that she thought she was holding our daughter and feeding her. This made my night.

To add to last night’s eventful occasion was my daughters “dream”… On three separate occasions my almost three week old daughter began laughing out loud while asleep. This literally scared the SH!! out of me. I wasn’t even sure how to respond to it. My wife awoke right with me and didn’t even know what to say. I guess there are certain traits that our children get from their parents. Apparently my wife says that I do the same thing in addition to speak in Spanish while sleeping. They “meaning philosophers” say that you dream in your language of love.

Oh… the joys of being a father sure do bring on plenty of surprises.
 
After last night’s eventful surprises, it was my turn to empty out the diaper genie. As I said before in the past blog this thing holds literally an enormous amount of diapers. The crazy thing is the correlation between the amount of dirty diapers and the days that have passed. It takes my daughter less than a week (roughly five and half days) to fill an entire bag. In simple words you might not be able to understand the magnitude of this event. Here is a picture of my daughter next to her diaper genie bag. She is literally half the size of the bag! What in the world! How does this even happen? All she eats is milk (breast milk). She doesn’t have any other staple to her diet other than good old fashion mamas milk.


 

http://www.target.com/p/diaper-genie-elite-pail-with-100ct-refill/-/A-10926966#prodSlot=medium_1_0&term=diaper genie
Babies are unique...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts