Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Babies Need Their Daddies


Daddies across the board can relate on how “little” our babies need us the first few months (so far…). There should be a sign that says: listen up parents your child from ages birth to (ohhh… about the age that your child gets the sense to know who runs the household) will not need her Daddy.

 Please don’t take this the wrong way, but it’s quite simple. My daughter will cry and fuss… so what does she need… a cuddle from her dad? No… Okay option two, maybe a bounce up and down from her Dad or a rattle here or there to get her to feel better? No… Wait… I got it…Magic answer is…. MOMMY… For the past seven weeks of my daughter’s life, I’ve stayed up nights thinking and brainstorming as to what MOMMY has that I don’t. Well hot damn! Breast Feeding… That’s the magic answer, that’s what makes babies calm and relax after a temper tantrum.
 
Please don’t read this and think to yourself, hmm… he’s not a good dad or he’s too hard on himself. It’s not that. It’s just… if we are talking statistics here then… 2 out of 10 times I can calm my daughter down. The other 8 times the magic “breast feeding” does its trick. Oh the simple joys of being Mr. Dad. But you know what… there is a flip side to this coin. I’m assuming in about two years from now when my daughter is mentally able to look up at her “awesome” dad and say… “you know what I love my dad he is the man”. Yes, that’s the day that my daughter will be all mine!

I look forward to the day that I get home from work and find my daughter crying and fussing with my wife in the background shouting “she needs her Dad”. As I walk in, I’m looking around the house with a wicked smirk shouting Yes!!!... can’t wait ohhh… I just can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts