Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mommies simply wear more hats than a man can count


Nola
Before I even begin my spill, I want say thank you a thousand times over and over to my wife and the mother of my beautiful daughter. It’s simply not enough to whisper the gracious words “thank you” to your wife.  As a new father, I have begun to see how my love, admiration and respect continues to grow for my wife. She is simply amazing and to be completely honest with you… I don’t know how she does it. Day in and day out. She continues to face obstacles and with each she faces their never seems to be a time that she falls.


Girls
This weekend, my wife had a few of her girlfriends over. So I did what any loving and dedicated husband would do. I gave her the weekend off from “mommy duties”. It was what I like to call “Girls Weekend”.



Mom + Dad + Nola
 So how was my experience with my beautiful daughter Nola…As always, it was perfect… beyond words… would not could not will not trade it for the world. Yet, I the two days that I spent as “full-time” daddy where… draining and difficult at times. There were times in which our daughter would cry and as her supportive father, I would bounce her…sing to her… walk her in the stroller… etc… until something worked. And if none of the above worked, then a quick phone call to “mommy” would solve the problem. That’s simply it… “Mommy’s” fix the problem. They are in every way deserving of “thank you”.

As I’m reflecting on the weekend… she really didn’t have that large of a break. Although she did have a “break” she was always available and in the vicinity to breast feed our daughter as needed. I have no idea… literally “zero” idea as to how my wife and all you mothers do it. Day in and day out – staying home with your child. Please do not interpret my words as seeming that “I don’t love or enjoy being with my daughter” I do and wouldn’t trade my life for all the glories in the world. I am in very way amazed! Amazed as to how my wife battles life as a mother, wife, caretaker, etc. I don’t know how she fits the time into her day to workout, to read, to shop, to cook, to clean, etc… The two days I spent as “full-time” daddy left me mentally fatigued and physically drained.

This week and those to come, I thank my wife for who she is and what she does for us

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts