Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Times Up


Tic…Toc...Tic…Toc…

 
The clock is clicking and my nerves are irregular just as my wife’s contractions. It’s difficult to say how I really feel. One word could not justify the emotions that I am experiencing right now as a legitimate “to be father”. “Legitimate” due to – time being up- SHE IS COMING!. I’m nervous, anxious, tired, happy, proud that my sperm worked, irritated, in love, loved and wondering how amazing my wife is. I’m nervous because I’m not really sure what to say while my wife is pushing, I kind of want to make an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice and say “Come on baby push… You can do it” or maybe “Come on… Get Out Get Out”. But I’m sure one if not all my fingers would be broken. What should I do… Just stand beside her like a “supporting husband” and surround her with encouraging motivational words. Maybe all the years spent as a personal trainer were meant for today… “You can DO IT”… Wishful thought.

I feel like there is so much that I need to be doing, my brain is on fire. I need to go home and get the house turned upside ie… “baby proof”… whatever that means. But yes, that is what I need to do. These are the thoughts that surround a man on a futon across from his pregnant wife hours if not minutes away from holding his daughter.

On the other hand, I do feel a bit optimistic. Why… Well lets’ see, I attended four out of five BABY CLASSES that means I’m hitting 80%. Pretty good so far, right… What’s next… My brother had his daughter roughly a month ago which means I got tons of practice on what to do and what not to do. I got the whole holding head technique down pat and when it comes to changing diapers “SANTOS” are one handed.


I’m ready I’m ready I’m ready

 

-   Stay tuned my fellow readers I’ve got a pretty good list of what you “DADDYS” need when checking into the hospital. It will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts